One IT Support is a growing and evolving small business focusing on providing Managed
Services to business clients from all sectors.
The company was founded in 2011 and has continued to grow since.
Now based in North shields, the office is situated in a friendly town centre, with easy access to major routes to Newcastle and the surrounding areas.
One IT Support are looking for an experienced 1st line support engineer who has a good technical background and experience in providing technical support. You will be involved in working both internally on escalated technical support enquiries, and on project based work, both remotely and on client sites (travel usually within 50 miles). This role requires that you have a minimum 2 years’ experience of desktop and printer support, as well as Office 365 and RDS. You will be involved from anything to troubleshooting to full server build and installations.
- Fault finding (able to show experience and ability to resurrect a failed server)
- Infrastructure management (understand how an entire site fits together from installing network printers to port forwarding and address mapping on firewalls)
- Networking skills – No cisco qualifications required but you must understand DHCP, DNS, Subnets, etc.
- MS Server 2012/2008 – have experience of installation, administration, deployment and management of multi-server networks
- Hyper-V – Ability to install, troubleshoot and administer virtual machines and servers
- Experience working with enterprise servers and storage arrays or comparable hardware
- Having worked as a technical support engineer, 1st / 2nd line support engineer, field engineer, infrastructure engineer, or have outstanding personal experience.
You should also have the ability to solve complex problems. Any relevant certifications, i.e. ITIL, MCSE, MCSA, MCP would also be beneficial
Due to the travel required a full driving license and your own vehicle are essential for the position.
If you are extremely organised, customer focused with an absolute passion for technology, we would love to hear from you.
Get in touch
If you would like to join the team and be part of a great company that gives you the chance to grow your career, check this page regularly for updates on current opportunities.
If you don’t see any suitable opportunities but you like the sound of working at One IT, we would be pleased to add you to our records. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, submitting your CV to email@example.com gives One IT permission to hold your details for a period of 6 months. Your details will be held internally and will not be shared with any third parties or processed any further without your consent.