Another job here
IT Support Engineer
One IT Support is a growing and evolving small business focusing on providing Managed Services to business clients from all sectors.
The company was founded in 2011 and has continued to grow since.
Based in North Shields, the office is situated in a friendly town centre, with easy access to major routes to Newcastle and the surrounding areas.
As an IT Support Engineer you will join our small team and work closely with other staff.
You will be required to think on your feet to resolve client’s issues to their satisfaction, even with issues that are undocumented or you have not previously seen. Due to this a problem-solving mindset is crucial.
The vast majority of our systems, and our client’s systems are Windows and Windows Server based.
A good working knowledge of cPanel / Linux is a plus as all of our websites are hosted on a virtualised cPanel server.
The job changes from day to day. You may be required to do anything from explaining how to use Microsoft Word, to planning a project to replace a client’s server and network infrastructure.
At least 2 years experience in a similar support role, in an environment where you had to think on your feet.
At least 2 years experience working with Windows Servers: including AD User management, File Shares and Permissions
An understanding of various cornerstone technologies, such as RAID and Virtualisation – including their use cases
An understanding of network technologies, primarily IPv4 based.
A driving licence is essential for this role as you will be required to visit and work on clients sites regularly.
The flexibility to work late on short notice and occasionally work overtime / Saturdays
Good customer service skills
A genuine passion for technology
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and skill set.
For the right candidate this will could quickly rise depending on pro-activeness and increased income for the company.
Starting Salary: £19,000 to £22,000.00 /year
To be able to perform this job role you must be willing and able to work from the office and visit client sites. Social distancing and other client guidelines in relation to Covid must be adhered to.
Prospective candidates will be taken through a telephone interview after successful application with a CV and Covering Letter.
The next stage of application will involve an in person interview and possibly technical assessment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £19,000.00-£22,000.00 per year
Receptionist / Business Administrator
Full time or Part time
One IT Support Ltd. is a leading multidiscipline technology solutions provider located in North shields. We were established in 2011 with the goal of providing a highly customer focused support team. We take pride in our ability to deliver a reliable, experienced, and dedicated service to our clients. These attributes differentiate us from our competitors and contribute towards our growth and sustainable competitive edge.
This is a varied receptionist and administration role and would suit extremely organised individuals who understand the importance of effective communications and attention to detail.
Reporting directly to the Directors, you will be expected to be able to manage your own workload and prioritise as necessary the demands of the role as the office environment can be fast paced with changing deadlines and priorities.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Reception / Customer Service
- Answer phone calls/emails/chats in a polite and prompt manner to provide a high level of customer service with a high first-time resolution rate
- Provide a basic level of technical support
- Prioritise client technical support issues and assign them to the appropriate team member
- Manage telephone and email communication from clients in relation to their service contracts with us
- Resolve customer queries relating to their accounts associated to payment contracts and contractual relationships
- Report any issue reported by clients and escalate where necessary, including creating support tickets
- Identification, progress chasing and resolution of queries
- Record all activity associated with any communication in the related Administration system
- Accurately update internal and external systems and tools as required
- Follow protocol around support or payment negotiation as defined from time to time
- Credit control responsibilities Manage clients regarding overdue balances and the collection of those in line with Collections policy, maintaining individual areas within the systems ledger by telephone and letter.
- Processing of bank statements
- Processing of daily manual payments
- Assist the management team by resolving any accounting queries
- Report discrepancies to management
- Produce and distribute outstanding debtors list as necessary
- Liaise with management on a regular basis, building strong relationships
- Run regular reports to maintain the resale of software and other services
Qualifications / Attributes
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to liaise with people of all levels in a clear, caring, concise and professional manner
- Problem solving skills; able to identify the exact details of a problem through a rational process and take steps to ensure a successful resolution
- Attention to detail, ability to document details of issues clearly in a concise understandable manner
- Ability to work in a team and manage own time and priorities
- Motivated by a busy environment with the ability to adapt to changes
- Experience of Xero accounting software would be an advantage.
- Some technical knowledge to attempt initial resolution with clients would be beneficial – “have you tried turning it off and on again” etc.
The successful candidate should ideally have a proven track record of undertaking administrative duties and be confident in their ability to learn quickly.
Register your interest
Outstanding applications are always welcome, even if a suitable role isn’t advertised. Please forward your CV using the form below. Thank you.