IT Field Engineer
Position: Field Engineer
Location: North Shields NE30 1PX
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £21,000-£25,000 per year
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Field Engineer based in North Shields.
The successful candidate will earn £21,000 – £25,000 per year, with the added incentive; £1,000 bonus after first 6 months employment and £1,000 bonus for introducing new staff after remaining employed for 6 months.
As a Field Engineer you will join a small team and work closely with other staff, have a background in IT support work and be available/flexible about travelling to clients as and when required.
This role requires that you have a minimum 1 years’ experience in desktop, printer and network support, as well as experience with Office 365 or other outstanding ability.
Around half of your time will be spent working from the office delivering remote support services, whilst the remainder will be spent visiting client sites to resolve issues or planning for / performing installations of equipment.
If you are extremely organised, customer-focused with a passion for technology, with a drive to grow in a small company where you can really make a difference, the employer would love to hear from you.
- You MUST drive and have your own car for this position. Mileage will be reimbursed at 45p per mile to cover costs (The current government maximum).
- Infrastructure management (understanding how an entire site fit together).
- Networking skills – No cisco qualifications are required but you must understand switching /routing and have knowledge of VLANs.
- Having worked as a technical support engineer, 1st/2nd line support engineer, field engineer, infrastructure engineer, or outstanding personal experience.
- You should have the ability to solve complex problems.
- You will be required to think on your feet to resolve client’s issues to their satisfaction, even with issues that are undocumented, or you have not previously seen. Due to this a problem-solving mindset is crucial.
- You will be involved in working both internally on technical support enquiries, and on project-based work, both remotely and on client sites (travel usually within 30 miles).
- The role will include anything from troubleshooting PCs to installing networks, CCTV, Telephony and even full server build and deployments.
- Fault finding.
Our client was founded 12 years ago and provides services for businesses of all sizes. They offer a friendly, fast and professional service, putting their clients at the centre of everything they do! Due to their rapid growth, they are recruiting for an enthusiastic IT Service Desk Team Lead to join their team of experts.
Why should you apply?
- Free gym membership
- Mileage covered if you need to travel to client sites at 45p per mile
- Training / industry recognised certifications
- Company pension scheme
- Free hot drinks
- Social company events
- 28 days holiday
- We’re growing every year, so there’s lots of opportunity to further your career
IT Support Apprentice
Do you have a passion for all things IT and would like to start your career within your chosen sector? If, so this could be the role for you!
One IT Support are delighted to be working with Baltic Apprenticeships to provide them with their next 1st Line Support apprentice. One IT Support was founded 11 years ago and provide services for businesses of all sizes. They offer a friendly, fast and professional service, putting their clients at the centre of everything that they do!
Due to their rapid growth, they are recruiting for an enthusiastic 1st Line Support Apprentice to join their team of experts!
Roles & Responsibilities (will include but not limited to):
- Provide technical support to customers face to face
- Provide remote support
- Fixing various issues with primarily Windows PCs
- Hardware repairs of PCs and Servers
- Logging tickets and recording tasks on the system
- Documenting client setups and solutions
- Helping maintain tidiness of the office space and workshop
Full training and support will be provided throughout your Apprenticeship by Baltic Apprenticeships and One IT Support.
Desired Qualities, Skills & Knowledge:
- A genuine passion for IT
- Has a proactive can-do attitude and not afraid to ask questions
- Has great communication skills both written and verbal
- A Grade 4/C in Maths or equivalent is required for this role
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £12,000 to £16,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
- 37.5 hours per week
- Free Gym Membership
- Drivers Licence is preferred but not essential
- Mileage covered if need to travel to client sites, at 45p per mile
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme.
Register your interest
Outstanding applications are always welcome, even if a suitable role isn’t advertised. Please forward your CV using the form below. Thank you.